District 1 Councilwoman
Mona W. Paulk
Born and raised in Ocilla to Joe & Shirley Wright. I have three sisters and two brothers. I have two children (Drew & Anslie Paulk, an amazing daughter in law, Lesley Leyse Paulk and two beautiful grandchildren). A graduate of Irwin County High School class of 1986. I have a bachelors and masters degree in Adult and Career Education from Valdosta State University. I have been employed with Wiregrass Georgia Technical College since September 2001. I was first elected to the Ocilla City Council in 2016 and began my first term January 2017. I love to read, travel and spend time with my family.
Current and previous affiliations:
- Member of Ocilla Rotary Club 2020 to present
- Board Member of Cancer Coalition of Ben Hill and Irwin County 2016-present
- Board member for the Ocilla- Irwin Chamber of Commerce 2011 – 2017
- Member of Southern Georgia Regional Commission Board: 2014 – Present
- Member of Ben Hill-Irwin Joint Development Authority Board: 2015 – present
- Member of Fitzgerald Lions Club: 2011 – 2015
- Member of United Way Board: 2012
- Member of Council for Resource Development
- Member of Fitzgerald Business Women’s Professional Network
- President/Vice President of Ocilla Lion’s Club: 2004 – 2005
- Member of Ocilla Jaycees: 1991 – 2000
- Community Ambassador for the American Cancer Society (ACS)
- Participant at Celebration on the Hill, ACS, Washington, D.C.
- Participant at Lobby Day, ACS, Washington, D.C.
I chose to run for the council because I love the Great City of Ocilla and want to make a difference in my community.